Become a member of GAS!
Our lectures might be open to all, but becoming a GAS member comes with a lot of additional benefits. Our annual membership includes the following:
- A hard copy of Scottish Archaeological Journal once a year
- A Touch of GAS newsletter twice annually (these won’t go onto the website for 18 months after publication)
- Sole access to our fieldwork grants
- Access code (on demand) for access online to the entire archive of Scottish Archaeological Journal and Glasgow Archaeological Journal
- First news of events via regular email communication
- A 10% discount on all Edinburgh University Press publications
- Benefits of our Group membership of Archaeology Scotland
- Opportunity to contribute articles to the newsletter and museum reviews to the journal
New members and membership renewals in 2024 will also receive a membership card and badge!
Membership Rates (special offer, valid until 31st July 2024)
- Ordinary Membership – £25
- Associate Membership – £10 (Associate members are partners of Ordinary members)
- Student Membership – £10 (to qualify, students must be in full time education and may only be student members for a maximum of 4 years)
If you are a UK taxpayer, the Society can reclaim tax on your membership each year. Please tick the box below when applying should you wish to do this.
You can apply to join, or renew your annual membership, using the form below. The membership year runs parallel to the academic year, from 1st September to 31st August of the next year. In the application form below please indicate whether you are a new member, or a renewal, and tick the gift aid box if applicable.
Payment: you can pay by BACS, cheque or PayPal – please indicate in the form how you intend to pay. Your membership will begin when we receive confirmation of payment being made.